Over the past 15 years I’ve worked in some of the most stressful, lucrative and exciting occupations/businesses, having worked in private equity, buying and selling companies and running my own technology business.
During this time, I’ve learnt a lot about what makes a business tick, what pays well, how to navigate these industries and how to build wealth as an individual.
Furthermore, due to such a focus on business and entrepreneurship, I’ve personally been looking at myself as an investment by:
- maximising margins – keep my own costs low and income high, and
- re-invest for further growth – invest my net worth well, and invest in further personal education (university courses, books).
The outcome of all this, is that I have enough capital to quit and do my own thing. Or to just stop working.
So if you’re interested in how I did that, or just want some pointers, then I’m offering the following advice:
- Income advice, job related – how to grow your job income, getting into private equity, investments, investment banking. What these industries are like and whether they would be a good fit?
- Investments, personal finance – how to invest, asset allocation and building a nest egg, how to create a budget, how to have enough to retire, how to save more by cutting overheads.
- Business – how to build a business, getting capital, how to sell to investors.
If you’re interested in the above I generally consult on an hourly basis @ $60/hour. I do provide discounted rates to those from “developing” markets. Drop me a line at joesaretire [at] gmail [dot] com if you want to make contact.